Who’s Ready For Winter Sports?
DateNovember 10, 2015
Many people shudder at the thought of winter, but here at Lady Luck Casino® Black Hawk, we love it! Winter is the perfect time to get active. Everyone knows skiing and snowboarding are very popular activities in Colorado, but there’s more to winter sports than just ski slopes. Let’s focus on a few other frosty activities!
Winter Fun Beyond the Slopes
Nothing is more beautiful than viewing the snowcapped mountain tops and winter skies in Colorado. It’s no wonder people flock to the ski resorts every year. While we don’t have anything against ski resorts (they’re awesome), we just know there are so many other fun activities for people to enjoy. Here’s a list of our personal favorites:
• Ice Skating: Whether a novice or a pro, ice skating is really fun. Some feel ice skating is a little old fashioned, but it doesn’t ever really go out of style. Ice skating is not only fun, but also an excellent workout. Check out the bodies of some of the greatest Olympic ice skating champions if you disagree!
• Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides: You won’t exactly work up a sweat with this winter activity, but horse drawn sleigh rides can be incredibly romantic. (Guys, take notes.) Snuggle up with your significant other while listening to the rhythmic sounds of the bells jingling. When you’re done, finish your date near the cozy fire of an elegant Colorado restaurant.
• Sledding/Tubing: If you’re looking for something that will provide hours of fun, this activity may be for you. Have fun zipping down the snow covered hills in a sled or tube, and you don’t have to lug the sleds and tubes uphill on your own. There are lifts and tow ropes that will carry your sled or tube for you to the top, so you have time for more runs!
• Ice Fishing: Ice fishing is a sport that's very underrated. We like ice fishing because it offers a quiet escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The only person you're competing with is yourself. Ice fishing gives you a chance to experience tranquility and become one with nature.
• Dog Sledding: Dog sledding provides the best of both worlds: winter adventure and bonding time with man’s best friend. You’ll have a blast, as the wind hits your face, while barking dogs lead your sleigh. Many say dog sledding provides a rush like no other.
• Snowmobiling: Snowmobiling is like jet skiing in the snow. This activity is for the ultimate thrill seeker. Ride on interesting trails at high speeds, while viewing some gorgeous scenery.
• Ice Climbing: If you’re a fan of rock climbing, then take your athleticism to the next level and ice climb. Many waterfalls turn into ice walls, and make for fantastic climbing. Ice climbing is a test of your athletic strength and endurance. So we only recommend that the most experienced climbers engage in this activity.
Our Winter Fun
Once you’re done experiencing your outdoor adventures and are ready to warm up, feel free to stop by! We offer nonstop gaming action, appetizing dinner choices, and tons of giveaways! Here’s a list of some of our other amenities:
• Over 450 popular slot and video poker machines.
• On-site hotels with all of the amenities.
• Free valet parking for your convenience.
• Full sit-down dining or quick eats, if you’re in a rush.
• 24-hour check cashing.
Get creative with your winter fun. There’s no need to stay cooped up inside this winter. Get your outdoor fun and gaming on today. See you soon!